Sunday, February 24, 2013

Reverse 365: Understand Better - Day 55/365 2.24.13

Trying to play up the sun dogs on either side of the sun. The one on the left is still very faint but you can see it if you look closely. I love the idea that I was able to witness this phenomena while visiting one of my favorite places. There is such a beauty to the unpredictability of nature and I feel truly blessed to see the places and things I get to see. Like the sunlight passing through ice crystals at just the right angle to produce this beautiful show!

Settings: ISO 200, 18mm, ss1/250, f/11
Date: April 14th, 2012
Location: Lincoln City, OR - Siletz Bay
Day 55/365 - February 24th, 2013
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. Love the rich colors in this photo. What are sun dogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! From what I have found they happen when sunlight hits ice crystals. For a more in depth explanation click on the link in the post :).

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.