Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #12 12.06.11

Another Tuesday...you know what that means, right? :o) It is Tones on Tuesday time! I hope you are as excited as I am to see what everyone has in store this week. First we begin with the showcases from last week's link up...

Jennifer at Fotoplicity
Such a great expression captured! Like she knows something wonderful and she just might let us in on it :o). The black and white tones make her eyes and the detail on the door pop in such a lovely way. Thank you for sharing Jennifer!

Aurora at Aurora 365
I like how the tones give the vintage sign a vintage feel. Thank you for sharing your shot Aurora!

This collection of images is beautiful and the softness of the tones compliments and enhances the details. Thank you for sharing with us!

Be sure to grab your this button if you were showcased! (button for linking up can be found after the guidelines)


Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

For my photo this week I decided to try something a little different using some photos from my trip to Mount Constitution on Orcas Island. I went with a similar composition in 3 photos that had different tones due to the changing light of a sunset. I did alter the tones of each photo by altering the basic settings in Lightroom, but the real alteration to the tones was from the color and light that slowly changed as the sun fell below the horizon. I made a collage using Lightroom as well. I clicked on the "Print" menu and used the Lightroom template called "Custom Overlap x3 Landscape." I did not like the how the overlap looked so I changed the file dimensions, moved the boxes and added the pictures I had edited first. I added a small border by clicking "Inner Stroke" and clicked on "Print to File" to save it. I imported the new file, added my logo and exported using the settings for my blog. I like the effect of seeing the different lighting hitting Mount Baker side by side. What do you think?

(click to enlarge picture)
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” - Aaron Siskind

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
  Sweet Shot Day

9 comments:

  1. That first picture is so cute! I'm play'n! just so you know, I lighted the outer edges of my photo.

    Thanks for the link! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your edit....so cool! Thanks for the showcase too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these edits Emily, especially the middle one.
    Thank you for hostessing, and for sharing this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a great day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday wish, Emil!

    And I really like your composition. You had some patience, but I bet it was easy since it looks so pretty ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, thanks for picking my green tones from last week! Your mountains are amazing in any tone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun comparison and beautiful collage of Mt. Baker! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Mt. Baker trio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the featured photos and your mountains are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.