Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #4 10.11.11

Last week Liz from The Greatest of These is LOVE linked up this photo:
I LOVE the selective coloring and how draws you into the photo. The bee and the flower pop. Wonderful job and thank you for sharing Liz!

Now it's your turn. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white photo or a sepia toned photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • I will pick a few photos that catch my eye to share on next week's post.
  • Have fun!

Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

Here is my photo this week. This was taken during the Clickin Walk this weekend. My goal was to capture the beautiful color of the flowers. With the edit, I was inspired by Liz to try some more selective coloring. I used the adjustment brush in Lightroom. My tip this week is a tutorial I shared last month about how I learned to use the adjustment brush to selective color. You can find it here. I also had help from a video Melissa made for me :o). What do you think?

SOOC with minor white balance adjustment
Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/50, f/5.6 (full manual)

EDIT
"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." - Henri Matisse

Linking up with Jaymi's new Photo Tip Tuesday. I am excited to learn from everyone! Also linking up with Capturing Beauty and The Creative Exchange. Be sure to check out the other beautiful shots. 



Live, Love, TRAVEL  

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I've never used Lightroom for selective coloring, always Photoshop. I'm gonna go check out your tutorial on how to do it! Great tip! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever tried selective coloring , but it gives a very eye-catcing look to a piece! Pretty. I'll have to try it:) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful flowers there are, specially, I love that violet flower, I don't know it's english name, but it's my favour and finnish it is called verenpisara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo! Lovely edit!
    And thank you for showcasing my photo... I am speechless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is beautiful Emily. I love the pop of color against the wonderful monochrome background. So nicely done.

    Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and thanks so much for giving me a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, I just found this link and your blog and was excited to join up for this week. better late than never..... I have been working today with some black and white editing, so the timing was just perfect. Thanks for the great idea! Is this a fairly new link? Looks fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.