Sunday, October 16, 2011

Project 64: Burnt Orange Plant 10.15.11


Another week and another color for Project 64. This week the color was burnt orange which seems very appropriate with the fall foliage popping up everywhere. I love the colors of fall and how things change in some cases slowly and in others quickly. I saw many examples of burnt orange in the leaves and pumpkins I was photographing for other prompts, but I wanted to stretch myself. So yesterday while photographing the sunset at the Tmobile building in Factoria (more about that later this week) I saw this plant. The light was very low so I had to use a tripod to get the shot. I think it really works with the soft lighting that showcases the color and the interesting lines of the plant. In post processing I did a very clean edit in Lightroom by adjusting most of the basic settings and doing a tiny bit of noise reduction. This is yet again another plant I have no idea the name of, but I am ok with that :o). Thank you for stopping by and I would love to know what you think!

Settings: ISO 800, 36mm, ss1/15, f/5.6 (full manual on tripod)
"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it." - Pentax Advertisment

Head over to Project 64 to see the other burnt orange finds and Sunday Snapshot to see the shots people want to remember!
project64 button Sunday Snapshot

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color! Thanks for stopping by last week on my Sunday Snapshot- the picture was taken in Colorado a few weeks ago in the evening as we were driving through the mountains.
    I enjoy stopping by and seeing what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful composition of leaves. I love the texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Talk about a match! This one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color and capture! Really lovely! I love that quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and I like that you stretched yourself and got an awesome shot out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice burnt orange shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful photo. The color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soft lighting is very nice on this shot. I love the Pentax quote too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.