Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flashback: Winter Sky 02.20.11

Today was an amazing day of photography that I look forward to sharing during the week. It seems like I am developing a routine of posting a flashback on Saturday as I am usually out shooting and then posting my shots from the weekend throughout the week. I decided to keep that up and picked a photo from February for my flashback today. This was a couple of months after I got my DSLR for Christmas and I still had no idea what I was doing, but I enjoyed doing it :o). 

Most of the time I pick a trip and find a photo I like for my flashback. In this case, I knew the exact photo I wanted. I vividly remember this sky and the journey to take this picture. I have mentioned before that I love the beach, it is my happy place where I feel most myself. I go to the beach, often with my mom, whenever I get the chance...even in the winter when it is freezing. It really doesn't matter to me as long as I get to be on the beach experiencing it. This trip my mom and I spent a few days on the Central Oregon Coast. As we were driving back up toward home I saw this sky, half storm and half blue, and had to stop. We discovered this lovely wayside, pulled in and here is the shot. I remember the cold, the noise of the ocean, the kids playing and my mom waiting patiently while I took shot after shot. I love that I have this photo and the memories!

Flashback #8
Location: Muriel O. Ponsler Memorial State Wayside
Settings: ISO 100, 25mm, ss1/125, f/8.0 (full auto on tripod)
Post Processing: All basic settings adjusted<
What I Like: The framing of the  sky, the colors, the light
What I Think Needs Work: The depth of field, the sharpness

"To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward." - Margaret Fairless Barber

Linking up with The Paper Mama Challenge - Remember. I will spend some time tomorrow remembering September 11th, I hope you will too!
The Paper Mama

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.