Monday, August 8, 2011

Flashback: Seattle Skyline 06.04.11

My love of photography is more than a hobby, I would have to say it is a passion. Another passion of mine, and the way I make my living, is being a kindergarten teacher. Right now school is out for the summer, but in a very short time I will be back in my classroom. I know that once this happens I will have very little time during the week to shoot, edit and blog about a photo. In order to maintain my photo a day goal I plan to post some pictures I have taken in the past, some more recently than others. Not only will this allow me to post with less steps, but also to see my pictures with a bit of distant and hopefully more objectivity. 

Flashback #1
Date: June 4th, 2011
Settings: 1/160, f/5.6
Post Processing: Attempts to sharpen, color levels adjusted
What I Like: This quintessential Seattle-ness of the picture
What I Think Needs Work: The blurry skyline - possibly a larger aperture and tripod were needed

This picture was captured on the way to Alki Beach to photograph the sunset. We (my mom and I) found a shortcut around a horrendous traffic backup and came across this park with the help of my iPhone. We stopped here for a bit to enjoy the view and then made it just in time in what I like to call "the race for the sunset." I wanted to capture the whole skyline, but do not have the proper lens for it. I did feel lucky when a ferry came into view at the perfect moment, though and made the shot. 

"A city is a place where there is no need to wait for next week to get the answer to a question, to taste the food of any country, to find new voices to listen to and familiar ones to listen to again. " - Margaret Mead


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.