Thursday, August 25, 2011

Before and After: Enumclaw Sunset 08.21.11

This week I have been working my way through my plethora of pictures that I took during the sunset on Sunday (as you can see from all of my posts this week :o). The shots are very similar, yet different in lighting, sky and the grasses. I love the subtle changes. For this before and after I went with a creative edit as the last edit I did was more clean. I again used Courtney's (from Click it Up a Notch) tips for editing silhouettes that I used on one of my previous sunset posts. I upped the blacks and contrast, the temperature and tint, vibrance, clarity and saturation and finally underexposed it a little bit. I usually like the more natural look when editing my photos. I know this time I went a bit over the top with the colors, but there is something, that in this case, I love about that.

I would love to hear your thoughts and critiques on what works and what I could have done differently. Thank you for stopping by!

Before
Taken with Canon EOS Rebel Ti1
Settings: ISO 100, ss 1/16, f/18 (full manual on tripod)

After
Edited with Adobe Lightroom
"A picture is a poem without words." - Horace

Linking up with Pixel Perfect Blog Hop. Head over and see the over before and afters!



3 comments:

  1. The colors are absolutely gorgeous in your edit. Thank you so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Some sunsets just need a little oomph. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.